Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Are you "Coachable"

You know, with all this talk about football it made me stop and think. Am I "coachable" as a Believer? For probably 40 years I stood on the side line watching the game. I was on the team but not participating in the game. I wondered why I wasn't growing in my faith and why I didn't feel God blessing my life. I had the play book but wasn't studying. Then tragedy struck our lives when my youngest granddaughter died as a result of a car accident. She was 27 months old and had just left my office in perfect health. That's how quick it can happen. God can take the ashes of our lives and make something beautiful from them. I stopped to examine my life and realized I had not done my part. Christ was not the center of my life. When I went into the huddle to get my direction I was listening to the wrong coach. We need to make sure the coach we listen to is using the right play book. The one published by our Heavenly Father. Do you feel God blessing your life? Are you studying the right play book? Don't wait for a tragedy to hit - join the Team that never loses. Surround yourself with other Believers and get in the game.

2 comments:

Lila said...

Very poignant, Nancy...

jm2sa said...

stay coachable!