Friday, July 11, 2008

My First VBS







This is my first VBS as "an adult". This week Cameron First Baptist had Vacation Bible School. Since I didn't make the trip to Romania this year, I decided to help with VBS. Okay, no problem! Now remember it's my first time as an adult so what does Darla and Chasity talk me into, Director of 3rd and 4th grade. Not a problem they say you have great help. Which I did. Marjorie Humphries, Carol Teter and Jeanie Baker. What can I say. I also had Cody Smith and Kyle Whitt which saved my dear old feet and legs. Thank you one and all. Then they tell me, "by the way you do have the largest group". Now the truth comes out. However, they were an amazing group and we had a rewarding amazing week learning to "Know the Truth, Speak the Truth and Live the Truth". Not only to Know, Live and Speak the Truth but to Let our Actions match our Passion." Here are some pictures of the week.

4 comments:

Lanny said...

Sounds like VBS went great...did they make you queen for a day and have you sit in that chai?

Troy Geddes said...

Hey Nancy, who ELSE could they ask. You were ready for that! I know that it went well and the Lord blessed. Thanks for your submissive spirit and willing hart those kids once again saw what Christianity was all about in your life, through the program, and by being around your great helpes. May God continue to bless you and your church. Those that did come to ROMANIA are doing an incredible job. They are basically running the race....and now tonight after eight zones....we return to ZONE 9 pray for us...I know the girls in front of the training center are waiting for Whitney!

James W said...

Hey if you can be director of Awana's this should have been a vacation.

CHAZ said...

Nancy - the truth is always told! It's just how DEEP the truth is told! :>) You did a great job, and I truly appreciate your hard work you put into making this year such a success! 30 3rd & 4th Graders! AMEN! You forgot to mention the decisions made in YOUR class!