Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm Weighing In!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm going to "Weigh In" lol.. on the health issue. Here are a couple of recipes my daughter shared with me from Weight Watchers. The first one is a soup and it looks easy. (If you know me I'm all for easy.)

WW POTATO SOUP 1 point per 1 cup serving

4 cans chicken broth (fat free)
1 bag O'Brien Hash Browns
1 pkg Country Gravy Mix (Pioneer Brand)

Whisk broth and gravy mix together.
Add potatoes and simmer until done.


Guess what I'm bring to the carry-in soup dinner Sunday.

No. 2

Sweet Potato Casserole

29 oz sweet potatoes, canned -- mashed
1/4 t. ground allspice
vegetable cooking spray
3 T light cream cheese
2 T brown sugar
1 T margarine
1/3 c crushed pineapple -- drained
1/4 t salt
3 T pecans -- toasted, chopped

Combine sweet potato and allspice in a mixing bowl. Beat mixture at medium speed with mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon into a 1 qt microwave safe baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave a High for 5 mins. or until thoroughly heated. Add cream cheese, sugar and margarine to sweet potato mixture. Beat at medium speed until combined. Stir in pineapple and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on High for 1 minute or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with toasted pecans, and serve warm.

Yields 4 cups. 3 points per 1 cup serving.

Do you have recipes you want to share?

7 comments:

jm2sa said...

I was thinking it might be cool to create a healthy recipe cookbook at church - or at least have a way to indicate healthier ones over others.

Nancy said...

Good idea dig, that's why you get the big bucks. lol

jm2sa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...

SORRYYYYYYYYY

Nancy said...

I said lol

Lanny said...

Yea, getting the big bucks is SIMULAR to several sayings I say about the person in charge!

jm2sa said...

my humor can be rather dry and sarcastic at times. - unlike Lanny's